Here is my steps:
- Install ActivePython Community Edition (http://www.activestate.com/activepython) in order to have easy_install. Add PYTHON_HOME/Scripts folder to PATH variable.
- Install required/wanted Python packages with easy_install. However, pygraphviz do not have a Windows build, and it can not be easy installed, since Python does not know where Graphviz is installed..
- Install Graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org/)
- Installed an old version of MinGW (specifically the build on 20100831) (http://www.mingw.org/) . Add MinGW/bin to PATH.
- Download pygraphviz (http://networkx.lanl.gov/pygraphviz/) and extract it.
- Edit setup.py of pygraphviz as follows: (they are None as default..)
compiler = os.path.basename(sysconfig.get_config_var("CC"))
compiler = "gcc"
python setup.py build -c mingw32
After the steps above,
import pygraphvizshould succeed on Python interpreter..